The use of mobile apps either an android application or an ios application is expanding step by step and with the simple access to the web and internet and increment in mobile devices, it will proceed to develop and become significantly more in the future. There is at present 3.5 billion smartphones all-inclusive in 2020, while it was 3.2 billion in 2019. The number of smartphone users is expanding day by day, in that situation having a mobile application business is a fantastic idea. Global cell phone users have increment by 40% from the year 2016 and are probably going to build increasingly more in the coming years. According to a report, cell phone users will reach 7.5 billion continuously in 2023. By 2025, 72% of all web users will exclusively utilize cell phones to get to the web. Subsequently, you should attempt to explore the mobile application business that will increase gigantic potential in the up and coming years. Here I have come up with certain insights 0f mobile apps.
1. Desktop internet usage is falling & mobile internet usage is rising.
Individuals are investing more energy and time in mobile devices instead of on the desktop. Even the blogs and sites are seen more on mobile phones than on desktop computers and will impressively fall in the up and coming years.
2. Users downloaded 178 billion apps in 2017
As per ongoing statistics, users have downloaded in excess of 178 billion apps globally in the year 2017. You can without much of a stretch notice the capability of mobile apps in the up and coming years. That number is projected to grow to 205 billion this year, and 258 billion in 2022—a 45 percent increase over five years.
3. Mobile apps are anticipated to hit $188.9 billion in revenue by 2020.
There is a 113% expansion in mobile application incomes in the previous four years and will continue to ascend in forthcoming years moreover.
4. Mobile users are investing 87 percent of their energy and time in apps, versus only 13 percent on the web.
In 2017, cell phone and tablet users invested 87 percent of their energy in apps. This implies that for consistently spent on the web, users were going through almost seven hours utilizing mobile apps.
5.Percentage of most utilized mobile apps
1.Social Media Apps – 39%
2.Gaming Apps – 10%
3.Communication and chat apps – 10%
4.Retail Apps – 7%
- Other Apps – 34%
5.Key Mobile App Insights
- Mobile apps will produce $189 billion in income by 2020.
- The Apple Application Store has 2.2 million apps accessible for download.
- There are 2.8 million apps accessible for download on the Google Play Store.
- 21% of Recent college grads open an application 50+ times each day.
- 49% of individuals open an application 11+ occasions every day.
- 57% of every digital media use originates from mobile apps.
- The normal cell phone proprietor utilizes 30 apps every month.
- Specialists foresee that there will be a 25% expansion in worldwide application downloads somewhere in the range of 2018 and 2022.
- A year ago, there were in excess of 205 billion application downloads. That’s a 15% expansion from the year earlier.
- 98% of application income overall originates from free apps. Only a small amount of individuals are eager to pay for downloads.
- According to a recent research,83% of shoppers use shopping apps.
- About 58% of users said Social, Gaming, and Communication were their best three most utilized application categories.
- Application categories with use underneath 4% – Internet business, Travel, Maps, Account among others – were utilized on a need-premise.
- About 75% of respondents affirmed that the main 5 application classes are the ones they connect with regularly.
- Absolute time spent on mobile devices every day: 215 minutes, or three hours and 35 minutes. It’s required to arrive at three hours and 49 minutes by 2020.
- Time spent on mobile sites? 13 minutes per day, as indicated by eMarketer. By 2020, that will probably drop to 12 minutes every day.
- By 2022 application store shopper spending is anticipated to increment by 92 percent to $157 billion around the world
- Mobile application users in the US have more than 100 apps introduced on their cell phones
- The normal mobile user checks their cell phone 63 times each day
- 87 percent of users will check their smartphones at any rate one hour before rest, and 69 percent of those users will check their phones inside 5 minutes before rest.
- The most popular form of app store optimization (ASO) came in the form of description updates at 46 percent
- App icon updates were the second most frequent form of ASO at 30 percent, up 24 percent year over year.
- 34 Percent of marketers hope to have a voice application by 2020
- 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020.
When and where are people using mobile devices?
- 93% at home
- 85% while in the washroom
- 75% while having dinner
- 72% at work
- 79% when with family/friends
- 74% waiting in lines of waiting for appointments
- 65% while shopping
- 79% while watching TV
- 65% during the commute to work
- 79% during miscellaneous downtime throughout the day